Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈflætɝɪŋ'] showing or representing to advantage.
Rhymes with Flattering
How do you pronounce flattering?
Pronounce flattering as ˈflætərɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce flattering in American English
UK - How to pronounce flattering in British English
Sentences with flattering
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Bras, girdles and seamless underwear are must for any formfitting dress to be flattering.
Coordinate with your coat or other clothing, and choose what's most flattering to your skin tone.
Quotes about flattering
1. Yet each man kills the thing he lovesBy each let this be heardSome do it with a bitter lookSome with a flattering wordThe coward does it with a kissThe brave man with a sword
- Oscar Wilde, The Ballad Of Reading Gaol
2. I've got a great sense of humor, and if I'm able to say or do something in a movie that people feel like they want to repeat, that's hugely flattering.
- Matthew McConaughey
3. He that is thy friend indeed,He will help thee in thy need:If thou sorrow, he will weep;If thou wake, he cannot sleep:Thus of every grief in heartHe with thee doth bear a part.These are certain signs to knowFaithful friend from flattering foe.
- William Shakespeare, The Passionate Pilgrim