noun. ['ˈfɪst'] a hand with the fingers clenched in the palm (as for hitting).
- clenched fist
- fist (Middle English (1100-1500))
- fyst (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- fisten (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Fist
Sentences with fist
1. Noun, singular or mass
The loop should be about the size of your fist.
Quotes about fist
1. People like rumors. They're going to say things like, 'You was at the club with Lil' Kim, and you and Kanye West got into a fist fight.' You can't get upset. You've got to keep hope alive.
- Bernie Mac
2. I choose gentleness... Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.
- Max Lucado
3. I need to be gentler, I said definitively to myself, as I clenched my fist and shook it in the air. Love takes flight like two powerful wings, but hits like a collection of feathers.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE