Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈfɪʃɪŋ'] the act of someone who fishes as a diversion.
- field sport
- outdoor sport
- stay in place
Rhymes with Fishing
Sentences with fishing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Tie a 12-inch piece of fishing line to each hole so that the string is above the circle.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Prehistoric humans used the awls to shred and slice fibers for use as thread and fishing nets.
Quotes about fishing
1. The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
- John Buchan
2. Trees shaped like deer should not be ridden like benches if they get stuck up in other trees. No hunting farming allowed. Fishing only.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. I've had some amazing people in my life. Look at my father - he came from a small fishing village of five hundred people and at six foot four with giant ears and a kind of very odd expression, thought he could be a movie star. So go figure, you know?
- Kiefer Sutherland
noun. angling with an artificial fly as a lure.
noun. ['ˈfɪʃɪŋ'] the occupation of catching fish for a living.
- commercial enterprise