Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈfaɪɝd'] having lost your job.
- on the job
Rhymes with Fired
Sentences with fired
1. Verb, past participle
The same is true even if the worker is fired for other misdeeds.
2. Verb, past tense
This included dozens of types of cannons that were either rifled or smoothbore and fired projectiles of different weights.
Quotes about fired
1. You're getting into some kind of shape, cop."Aw, come on, now."Butch grinned. "Don't let that shower we took go to your head."Rhage fired a towel at the male. "Just pointing out your beer gut's gone."It was a Scotch pot. And I don't miss it.
- J.R. Ward, Lover Eternal
2. If I weren't standing next to your boyfriend, I'd be tempted to ask you out myself."She blushes, and St. Clair bounds inside the box office and wrestles her into a hug. "Miiiiiiiiine!"he says."Cut it out."Anna pushes him off, laughing. "You'll get fired. And then I'll have to support your sorry arse for the rest of our lives.
- Stephanie Perkins, Lola and the Boy Next Door
3. I’ve learned that no matter how inspired, fired up and motivated you might be, the dark clouds will always set in
- Bernard Kelvin Clive, Your Dreams Will Not Die
adjective. fueled by wood.
adjective. extreme; used as an intensifier.
adjective. fueled by burning oil.
adjective. fueled by burning coal.