noun. ['ˈfɪgjɝɪŋ'] problem solving that involves numbers or quantities.
- problem solving
- derived function
- differential coefficient
- first derivative
- divergent thinking
Rhymes with Figuring
Sentences with figuring
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
But they sometimes do need help figuring out where they can scratch.
Quotes about figuring
1. It's not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What's hard, she said, is figuring out what you're willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.
- Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way
2. One of the best times for figuring out who you are & what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.
- Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
3. I don't know exactly where ideas come from, but when I'm working well ideas just appear. I've heard other people say similar things - so it's one of the ways I know there's help and guidance out there. It's just a matter of our figuring out how to receive the ideas or information that are waiting to be heard.
- Jim Henson