adjective. ['ˈfɪrs'] marked by extreme and violent energy.
Words that Rhyme with Fierce
How do you spell fierce? Is it feirce ?
A common misspelling of fierce is feirce
Example sentences of the word fierce
A wealth of knowledge exists that you can use to increase your competitiveness in a fierce job market.
Quotes containing the word fierce
1. We can learn the art of fierce compassion - redefining strength, deconstructing isolation and renewing a sense of community, practicing letting go of rigid us-vs.-them thinking - while cultivating power and clarity in response to difficult situations.
- Sharon Salzberg
2. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. Though she be but little, she is fierce!
- William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
adjective. ['ˈfɪrs'] marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid.
adjective. ['ˈfɪrs'] ruthless in competition.
adjective. ['ˈfɪrs'] violently agitated and turbulent.