Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈfɛdɝəl, ˈfɛdrəl'] national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units.
- fédéral (French)
Rhymes with Federal
How do you pronounce federal?
Pronounce federal as ˈfɛdərəl.
US - How to pronounce federal in American English
UK - How to pronounce federal in British English
Sentences with federal
First, you'll have to pay federal income tax on the money that you pull out.
Quotes about federal
1. I can only hope the federal aid made available today will be sufficient in our recovery efforts, and pray that our citizens continue to be safe from the fallout of this dangerous natural disaster.
- Mike Rogers
2. I feel robbing a bank would be the highest form of performance art. No need to pay to see me work. The Federal Reserve is subsidizing it.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Under the United States Constitution, the federal government has no authority to hold states "accountable"for their education performance...In the free society envisioned by the founders, schools are held accountable to parents, not federal bureaucrats.
- Ron Paul
adjective. being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War.
- special agent
- general agent
noun. any federal law-enforcement officer.
- federal agent
- slave state
noun. a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War.
- Union soldier
- Federal soldier
- Confederate States
- Confederate States of America