Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈfɑːrmɝ'] a person who operates a farm.
- stock farmer
- small farmer
- tenant farmer
- tree farmer
- dairy farmer
- stock raiser
- plantation owner
Rhymes with Farmer
Sentences with farmer
1. Noun, singular or mass
Look for produce at farmer's markets or grow your own garden.
Quotes about farmer
1. The wind blew my words away from you. So while I told you I love you, the phrase was carried in the opposite direction and landed 333 miles away in the ears of a confused farmer. He was nice, though. He sent me a kind letter saying that while he was flattered, I wasn’t really his type.
- Jarod Kintz, The Days of Yay are Here! Wake Me Up When They're Over.
2. The sign was spray-painted in Arabic and English, probably from some attempt by the farmer to sell his wares in the market. The English read: Dates-best price. Cold Bebsi. "Bebsi?"I asked."Pepsi,"Walt said. "I read about it on the Internet. There's no 'p' in Arabic. Everyone here calls the soda Bebsi.""So you have to have Bebsi with your bizza?""Brobably.
- Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire
3. What we do see depends mainly on what we look for. ... In the same field the farmer will notice the crop, the geologists the fossils, botanists the flowers, artists the colouring, sportmen the cover for the game. Though we may all look at the same things, it does not all follow that we should see them.
- John Lubbock, The Beauties of Nature and the Wonders of the World We Live in
noun. a former minor political party in the United States in the early 20th century.
noun. an expert on cooking whose cookbook has undergone many editions (1857-1915).
- Fannie Merritt Farmer
noun. United States civil rights leader who in 1942 founded the Congress of Racial Equality (born in 1920).