adjective. ['ˈfænd'] especially spread in a fan shape.
Words that Rhyme with Fanned
Example sentences of the word fanned
1. Verb, past tense
Continue cutting each twisted and fanned one-inch section until the front of the hair is the length you desire.
2. Verb, past participle
The smoke can be fanned around the body to remove emotional blocks in the energy field.
Hot glue five feathers together, overlapping them slightly in a "fanned" shape.
Quotes containing the word fanned
1. My politics of optimism and hope still casts its lot with the Democrats - in the optimistic hope that the dying embers of its status as the party of our better angels, one that took risks for social justice, can still be fanned into a flame. But I'm an old man, born in 1969.
- Rick Perlstein
2. I'm afraid they're in love,"he said, concerned. "They don't want to leave you."He lifted one hand from her waist to gently brush a pair from her neck, where their wings fanned against her jaw. Melancholy, he said, "I know just how they feel.
- Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone
3. I don't have a lot of domestic instincts,"Ranger said to me, his attention fixing on the unidentifiable glob in my hair, "but I have a real strong urge to take you home and hose you down."I went dry mouth. Connie bit into her lower lip, and Lula fanned herself with a file.
- Janet Evanovich, Eleven on Top