adjective. ['ˈfeɪməs'] widely known and esteemed.
- famous (Anglo-Norman)
- fameus (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Words that Rhyme with Famous
How do you pronounce famous?
Pronounce famous as ˈfeɪməs.
US - How to pronounce famous in American English
UK - How to pronounce famous in British English
How do you spell famous? Is it famouse ?
A common misspelling of famous is famouse
Example sentences of the word famous
Tuscany is also the home of the most famous of Italy's red wines, Chianti.
Quotes containing the word famous
1. If I wasn't even famous or had any success, I would still wake up and put tons of make-up on, and put on a cool outfit. That's always been who I've been my whole life, so that's never gonna change. I love fashion. I love getting dressed up. I love Halloween, too.
- Gwen Stefani
2. Why are they all staring?"demanded Albus as he and Rose craned around to look at the other students."Don’t let it worry you,"said Ron. "It’s me. I’m extremely famous.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. I think success right now is not about how famous you are or how much you're getting paid, but it's more about if you're steadily working and you're happy with what you're doing.
- Sarah Hyland