adverb. ['ˈfeɪθfəli'] in a faithful manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- faithful (English)
- -ful (English)
Words that Rhyme with Faithfully
Example sentences of the word faithfully
They have a deep-rooted concern for the faithfully lost and try to bring them in.
Quotes containing the word faithfully
1. On receiving from the people the sacred trust twice confided on my illustrious predecessor, and which he has discharged so faithfully and so well, I know that I can not expect to perform the arduous task with equal ability and success.
- Martin Van Buren
2. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.
- George Eliot, Middlemarch
3. Keep good company, read good books, love good things and cultivate soul and body as faithfully as you can
- Louisa May Alcott, Rose in Bloom