Table of Contents
adjective. ['ɪgˈzɔstɪd'] drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted.
- played out
- worn out
Rhymes with Exhausted
How do you pronounce exhausted?
Pronounce exhausted as ɪgˈzɔstɪd.
US - How to pronounce exhausted in American English
UK - How to pronounce exhausted in British English
Sentences with exhausted
1. Verb, past participle
The infantry would end up exhausted and low on supplies when they got to the top.
2. Verb, past tense
You also need documentation proving you exhausted all options.
Quotes about exhausted
1. A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.
- William Styron, Conversations with William Styron
2. Time extracts various values from a painter's work. When these values are exhausted the pictures are forgotten, and the more a picture has to give, the greater it is.
- Henri Matisse
3. A man who wants to die feels angry and full of life and desperate and bored and exhausted, all at the same time; he wants to fight everyone, and he wants to curl up in a ball and hide in a cupboard somewhere. He wants to say sorry to everyone, and he wants everyone to know just how badly they've all let him down.
- Nick Hornby, A Long Way Down
adjective. ['ɪgˈzɔstɪd'] depleted of energy, force, or strength.
adjective. ['ɪgˈzɔstɪd'] drained physically.