Table of Contents
verb. ['ɪkˈsɛl'] distinguish oneself.
- excel at
- stand out
- go past
- stay in place
- be born
- excellere (Latin)
Rhymes with Excel
How do you pronounce excel?
Pronounce excel as ɪkˈsɛl.
US - How to pronounce excel in American English
UK - How to pronounce excel in British English
How do you spell excel? Is it excell ?
A common misspelling of excel is excell
Sentences with excel
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Your performance evaluation should identify areas where you excel and areas where you could use improvement.
2. Verb, base form
You have to be a legal detective to excel as a lawyer.
Quotes about excel
1. One of the surest evidences of friendship that one individual can display to another is telling him gently of a fault. If any other can excel it, it is listening to such a disclosure with gratitude, and amending the error.
- Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
2. I want to write because I have the urge to excel in one medium of translation and expression of life. I can't be satisfied with the colossal job of merely living. Oh, no, I must order life in sonnets and sestinas and provide a verbal reflector for my 60-watt lighted head.
- Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
3. I think what coaching is all about, is taking players and analyzing there ability, put them in a position where they can excel within the framework of the team winning. And I hope that I've done that in my 33 years as a head coach.
- Don Shula