adjective. ['ɪkˈsiːdɪŋ'] far beyond what is usual in magnitude or degree.
- -ing (English)
- -ing (Middle English (1100-1500))
- exceed (English)
- exceden (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Exceeding
Example sentences of the word exceeding
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Visualize not procrastinating on that presentation and meeting or exceeding the expectations for it.
Quotes containing the word exceeding
1. Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
- Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary Concocted by Ali Baba and the Bunch on Rainy Days
2. Anger exceeding limits causes fear and excessive kindness eliminates respect.
3. Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small; Though with patience He stands waiting, with exactness grinds He all.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow