Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈɛvədəntli'] unmistakably (
plain' is often used informally forplainly').
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- evident (English)
Rhymes with Evidently
How do you pronounce evidently?
Pronounce evidently as ˈɛvədəntli.
US - How to pronounce evidently in American English
UK - How to pronounce evidently in British English
How do you spell evidently? Is it evidentally ?
A common misspelling of evidently is evidentally
Sentences with evidently
Dogs are evidently annoyed by the smell and will stay away from the lawn that is emanating that smell.
Quotes about evidently
1. She should have remembered her past experiences in the relationship wars and not let herself get so excited. Evidently her hormones had overruled her common sense and she had become drunk on ovarian wine, the most potent, sanity- destroying substance in the universe.
- Linda Howard, Mr. Perfect
2. God did not create man in his own image. Evidently, it was quite the other way about, which is the painless explanation for the profusion of gods and religions, and the fratricide both between and among faiths, that we see all about us and that has so retarded the development of civilization.
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
3. But you'd get arguments from all kinds of people that the Bible has got to be perfect. That God would not permit such errors to be made in the Holy Word.""I thought God gave everyone free will. Which would presumably - and evidently - include the freedom to be incorrect when translating one language into another.""Stop making me think. I'm believing over here.
- Jim Butcher, White Night