adverb. ['ˈiːvənli'] in equal amounts or shares; in a balanced or impartial way.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- even (English)
- efen (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Evenly
Example sentences of the word evenly
Make sure you heat your bowl evenly so that when it blows out, it is uniform.
Quotes containing the word evenly
1. Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.
- Hanh Nhat Thich
2. OK,"Josh said evenly, "I've seen men made of mud, I guess I can accept spying rats. Do they talk?"he wondered aloud.Don't be ridiculous,"Flamel snapped, "They're rats."Josh really didn't think it was a ridiculous suggestion.
- Michael Scott, The Alchemyst
3. I must be besotted,” he said evenly. “I have the imbecilic idea that you’re the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen. Except for your coiffure,” he added, with a disgusted glance at the coils and plumes and pearls. “That is ghastly.”She scowled. “Your romantic effusions leave me breathless.
- Loretta Chase, Lord of Scoundrels