noun. ['ˈɛtəkət'] rules governing socially acceptable behavior.
Words that Rhyme with Etiquette
How do you pronounce etiquette?
Pronounce etiquette as ˈɛtəkət.
US - How to pronounce etiquette in American English
UK - How to pronounce etiquette in British English
How to spell etiquette? Is it etiqueta? Or etiqutte? Common misspellings are:
Example sentences of the word etiquette
1. Noun, singular or mass
Proper etiquette around the green is important because putting plays such a key role in the game.
Quotes containing the word etiquette
1. Let's face it: professing a deep interest in movies, the absolutely dominant global art form of the last century, is at this point like professing an interest in air. Passion is nice. Erudition is admirable. But it's like that moment when good manners cross over into meaningless etiquette.
- David Rakoff
2. It doesn’t take a hurricane to blow out a birthday candle. Let this be a lesson in love—and cake etiquette.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. Specifically ages 18-81.
3. You know, if a waitress asks me if I want ketchup with my fries, I’ll reply, “No thanks, I’ll just drink water.” And that’s not just a statement about table etiquette; it’s a personal quote that accurately reflects my moral and philosophical belief system.
- Jarod Kintz, A Story That Talks about Talking Is Like Chatter to Chattering Teeth, and Every Set of Dentures Can Attest to the Fact That No..