adverb. ['ɪˈtɝːnəli, iːˈtɝːnəli'] for a limitless time.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- eternal (English)
- aeternalis (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Eternally
Example sentences of the word eternally
The pharaoh would have to be protected eternally so as not to cause a cosmic disturbance.
Quotes containing the word eternally
1. Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse...and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.
- Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters
2. Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult.
- Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire
3. I am eternally grateful for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake