Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈɛr, ˈɝː'] to make a mistake or be incorrect.
- erren (Middle English (1100-1500))
- errer (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Rhymes with Err
How do you pronounce err?
Pronounce err as ɛr.
US - How to pronounce err in American English
UK - How to pronounce err in British English
Sentences with err
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
The numbers typically err on the heavy side.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Trust your instincts and err on the side of playing it safe.
3. Verb, base form
In general, it is best to err on the side of caution.
Lantana is drought-resistant, so err on the side of under-watering.
Quotes about err
1. To err is human, to forgive, divine.
- Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism
2. It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
- Mahatma Gandhi
3. To err is human, to purr is feline.
- Robert Byrne, The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said