noun. ['ˈɛntəti, ˈɛntɪti'] that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving).
- physical entity
- abstract entity
- natural object
Words that Rhyme with Entity
How do you spell entity? Is it enity ?
A common misspelling of entity is enity
Example sentences of the word entity
1. Noun, singular or mass
The completed form should include the name of the business entity, its address and its employer identification number.
Quotes containing the word entity
1. Copy, art, and typography should be seen as a living entity; each element integrally related, in harmony with the whole, and essential to the execution of an idea.
- Paul Rand
2. Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to thinking of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy. All it is, however, is a stopped watch, a loss, an end, a darkness. Nothing.
- Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
3. Whether you take the doughnut hole as a blank space or as an entity unto itself is a purely metaphysical question and does not affect the taste of the doughnut one bit.
- Haruki Murakami, A Wild Sheep Chase