Table of Contents
noun. ['ɪnˈtaɪɝti'] the state of being total and complete.
Rhymes with Entirety
How do you pronounce entirety?
Pronounce entirety as ɪnˈtaɪərti.
US - How to pronounce entirety in American English
UK - How to pronounce entirety in British English
Sentences with entirety
1. Noun, singular or mass
As a practical matter, there is little difference between a joint tenancy or a tenancy by the entirety.
Quotes about entirety
1. How can love be worthy of its name if one selects solely the pretty things and leaves out the hardships? It is easy to enjoy the good and dislike the bad. Anybody can do that. The real challenge is to love the good and the bad together, not because you need to take the rough with the smooth but because you need to go beyond such descriptions and accept love in its entirety.
- Elif Shafak, The Forty Rules of Love
2. I am not a little bit of many things; but I am the sufficient representation of many things. I am not an incompletion of all these races; but I am a masterpiece of the prolific. I am an entirety, I am not a lack of anything; rather I am a whole of many things. God did not see it needful to make me generic. He thinks I am better than that.
- C. JoyBell C.
3. Marriage becomes hard work once you have poured the entirety of your life’s expectations for happiness into the hands of one mere person. Keeping that going is hard work.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage