noun. ['ɛnˈθuːziːˌæst'] an ardent and enthusiastic supporter of some person or activity.
- sports fan
Words that Rhyme with Enthusiast
How do you pronounce enthusiast?
Pronounce enthusiast as ɛnˈθuziˌæst.
US - How to pronounce enthusiast in American English
UK - How to pronounce enthusiast in British English
Example sentences of the word enthusiast
1. Noun, singular or mass
Take your friend to a ball game in honor of her baseball enthusiast brother.
Quotes containing the word enthusiast
1. I am an enthusiast, but not a crank in the sense that I have some pet theories as to the proper construction of a flying machine. I wish to avail myself of all that is already known and then, if possible, add my mite to help on the future worker who will attain final success.
- Wilbur Wright
2. I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.
- Roald Dahl, My Uncle Oswald
3. My hobbies include rubbing my nipples across a cheese grater, meeting cat ladies on Tinder, and voting for either Democrat or Republican every four years. You could say I am a torture enthusiast.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. ['ɛnˈθuːziːˌæst'] a person having a strong liking for something.
- bird fancier