noun. ['ɛˈnuːi'] the feeling of being bored by something tedious.
Rhymes with Ennui
How do you pronounce ennui?
Pronounce ennui as ɛˈnui.
US - How to pronounce ennui in American English
UK - How to pronounce ennui in British English
Sentences with ennui
1. Noun, singular or mass
Workers who perform the same tasks repeatedly with little variation may face ennui.
Quotes about ennui
1. The only horrible thing in the world is ennui.
- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
2. It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
- Helen Keller, The Story of My Life
3. Time Traveler's Ennui The future ain't what it use to be.
- Beryl Dov