noun. ['ɛnˈfɔrsmənt'] the act of enforcing; ensuring observance of or obedience to.
- law enforcement
- carrying out
- -ment (English)
- -amentum (Latin)
- enforce (English)
- enforcier (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Words that Rhyme with Enforcement
Example sentences of the word enforcement
1. Noun, singular or mass
Release your fully-trained and certified police dog to the law enforcement agency to begin service as a police dog.
Quotes containing the word enforcement
1. In my public service, I treasure my friendship with law enforcement officers. I admire what they do and support them in every aspect of their job. I have always looked upon law enforcement officers as my friends.
- Dirk Kempthorne
2. If it weren’t for physics and law enforcement, I’d be unstoppable.
- Darynda Jones, Fifth Grave Past the Light
3. FBI vs. CIA When a person works for the FBI for 20 years and retires,he gets a watch.When a person works for the CIA for 20 years and retires,he gets watched.I know this not because I'm in law enforcement or with the NSA ~I know this because I have HBO.
- Beryl Dov