adjective. ['ɛnˈdeɪndʒɝd, ɪnˈdeɪndʒɝd'] (of flora or fauna) in imminent danger of extinction.
Words that Rhyme with Endangered
How do you pronounce endangered?
Pronounce endangered as ɪnˈdeɪnʤərd.
US - How to pronounce endangered in American English
UK - How to pronounce endangered in British English
Example sentences of the word endangered
1. Verb, past participle
Do you want to help preserve a tree on the endangered species list?
2. Verb, past tense
In the interests of ecological diversity, efforts are being made to save these and other endangered plants.
Quotes containing the word endangered
1. Well, I think breathing life into the Endangered Species Act, taking those wolves back into Yellowstone, restoring the salmon in the rivers of the Pacific Northwest.
- Bruce Babbitt
2. And second, keep in mind that you are a weapon. In theory, when you're done with training, you should be able to kick a hole in a wall or knock out a moose with a single punch.""I would never hit a moose,"said Clary. "They're endangered.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
3. I once saw two endangered species about to have sex, but I had to put a stop to it because I suspected one of them of being a prostitute.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE