adjective. ['ɛˈneɪbəlɪŋ, ɪˈneɪbəlɪŋ, ɪˈneɪblɪŋ'] providing legal power or sanction.
Rhymes with Enabling
Sentences with enabling
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Protect your privacy by enabling the built-in blocking features on your phone line.
Quotes about enabling
1. Hope is the motivation that empowers the unemployed, enabling them to get out of bed every single morning with unbounded enthusiasm as they look for work.
- Emanuel Cleaver
2. Writing, the art of communicating thoughts to the mind through the eye, is the great invention of the world...enabling us to converse with the dead, the absent, and the unborn, at all distances of time and space.
- Abraham Lincoln, Speeches And Letters Of Abraham Lincoln, 1832 1865
3. He felt a spasm of excitement because he knew instinctively who it was, or at least knew who it was he wanted it to be, and once you know what it is you want to be true, instinct is a very useful device for enabling you to know that it is.
- Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish