adverb. ['ˈɝːnəstli'] in a serious manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- earnest (English)
- eornest (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Earnestly
Example sentences of the word earnestly
When assessment is used to look earnestly at strengths and learning gaps, competency becomes a work in progress.
Quotes containing the word earnestly
1. All I try to do is as earnestly and as acutely as I can, conceive a character and try to portray this character just honestly. If the humor is within the absurdity and the awfulness of situations, then let it be seen that way.
- Patrick Warburton
2. You believe that easily which you hope for earnestly.
3. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
- Gautama Buddha