noun. ['ˈdrʌm'] a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretched across each end.
- percussive instrument
- tenor drum
- snare drum
- bongo drum
- gran casa
- side drum
- bass drum
- percussion instrument
Words that Rhyme with Drum
Example sentences of the word drum
1. Noun, singular or mass
Remove the wheel and the brake drum.
Select a piece of drum sheet music or a drum exercise and identify the bass drum part.
Quotes containing the word drum
1. And now,"Eric yelled into his mircophone, "we're going to sing a new song-one we just wrote. This one's for my girlfriend. We've been going out for three weeks, and, damn, our love is true. We're gonna be together forever, baby. This one's called 'Bang You Like a Drum.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
2. If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
3. I know I love her, because when I see her my heart beats like a drum. If she played guitar and sang, we could start a band.
- Jarod Kintz, Love Quotes for the Ages. Specifically Ages 19-91.
adjective. shaped in a form resembling a drum.
noun. ['ˈdrʌm'] the sound of a drum.
- go to bed
verb. ['ˈdrʌm'] play a percussion instrument.
verb. ['ˈdrʌm'] make a rhythmic sound.
- stay in place
noun. ['ˈdrʌm'] small to medium-sized bottom-dwelling food and game fishes of shallow coastal and fresh waters that make a drumming noise.
- Sciaenops ocellatus
- channel bass
- red drum
- silver perch
- Bairdiella chrysoura
- striped drum
- Equetus pulcher
- sciaenid fish
- natural depression
noun. ['ˈdrʌm'] a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends.
noun. ['ˈdrʌm'] a hollow cast-iron cylinder attached to the wheel that forms part of the brakes.
- drum brake
verb. ['ˈdrʌm'] study intensively, as before an exam.
- swot up
- bone up
- hit the books
- grind away
- mug up
- get up
noun. ['ˈdrʌm'] a cylindrical metal container used for shipping or storage of liquids.
- sit down