noun. ['ˈdɔrm'] a college or university building containing living quarters for students.
- residence hall
- living quarters
- hall of residence
- student residence
Words that Rhyme with Dorm
Example sentences of the word dorm
1. Noun, singular or mass
Connect your dorm room so you never have to get up to turn off the lights.
Quotes containing the word dorm
1. Are you sleepwalking?' A voice asked behind me. "I was testing dorm security,"I said. "It sucks.
- Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss
2. Must be weird for you, having your mom here.""Weird for me, weird for her, probably weird for you since you had to give up your swinging bachelor pad.""Mrs. Casnoff let me install my heart-shaped Jacuzzi in my new dorm room.""Cal,"I said with mock astonishment, "did you just make a joke?""Maybe.
- Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass
3. Decide that you like college life. In your dorm you meet many nice people. Some are smarter than you. And some, you notice, are dumber than you. You will continue, unfortunately, to view the world in exactly these terms for the rest of your life.
- Lorrie Moore, Self-Help