Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈdɔrˌbɛl'] a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed.
- push button
- night bell
- stay in place
- bell (English)
- bellan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- door (English)
- dore (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Doorbell
How do you pronounce doorbell?
Pronounce doorbell as ˈdɔrˌbɛl.
US - How to pronounce doorbell in American English
UK - How to pronounce doorbell in British English
Sentences with doorbell
1. Noun, singular or mass
You can be as fancy or as simple as you would like with a wireless doorbell.
Quotes about doorbell
1. Never knock on death's door. Ring the doorbell then run. He totally hates that. - T-shirt
- Darynda Jones, First Grave on the Right
2. I have a doctorate degree from the School of Hard Knocks. I studied door-to-door salesmanship. This was before the doorbell was invented.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE