noun. ['dɪˈzɔlvɪŋ'] the process of going into solution.
Words that Rhyme with Dissolving
Example sentences of the word dissolving
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Both work by dissolving oil and dirt to clean them from your hands.
Quotes containing the word dissolving
1. Yet what keeps me from dissolving right now into a complete fairy-tale shimmer is this solid truth, a truth which has veritably built my bones over the last few years--I was not rescued by a prince; I was the administrator of my own rescue.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
2. Do you wake up as I do, having forgotten what it is that hurts or where, until you move? There is a second of consciousness that is clean again. A second that is you, without memory or experience, the animal warm and waking into a brand new world. There is the sun dissolving the dark, and light as clear as music, filling the room where you sleep and the other rooms behind your eyes.
- Jeanette Winterson
3. Only a blind man can easily define what light is. When you do not know, you are bold. Ignorance is always bold; knowledge hesitates. And the more you know, the more you feel that the ground underneath is dissolving. The more you know, the more you feel how ignorant you are.
- Osho, The Book of Secrets