noun. ['dɪˈploʊmɑː'] a document certifying the successful completion of a course of study.
- Higher National Diploma
- listed security
- diploma (Latin)
- δίπλωμα (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
Rhymes with Diploma
Sentences with diploma
1. Noun, singular or mass
Most bars prefer to hire individuals who at least have a high school diploma.
Quotes about diploma
1. I got my diploma from Ealing College of Art, in graphics and illustration.
- Freddie Mercury
2. Just about a month from now I'm set adrift, with a diploma for a sail and lots of nerve for oars.
- Richard Halliburton
3. Most of my friends from Columbia are going on to get advanced degrees. And why not? A Ph.D. is the new M.A., a master's is the new bachelor's, a B.A. is the new high school diploma, and a high school diploma is the new smiley-face sticker on your first-grade spelling test.
- Megan McCafferty, Fourth Comings