Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈdɪkʃəˌnɛri'] a reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them.
- dictionarium (Latin)
- dictionarius (Latin)
Rhymes with Dictionary
How do you pronounce dictionary?
Pronounce dictionary as ˈdɪkʃəˌnɛri.
US - How to pronounce dictionary in American English
UK - How to pronounce dictionary in British English
Sentences with dictionary
1. Noun, singular or mass
Navigate about halfway down the page and click the dictionary with which you want to work.
Students can use a dictionary or thesaurus to help them come up with more words about their topics.
Quotes about dictionary
1. Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.
- Sarah Ban Breathnach
2. If you're looking for sympathy you'll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.
- David Sedaris, Barrel Fever: Stories and Essays
3. That does it,"said Jace. "I'm going to get you a dictionary for Christmas this year.""Why?"Isabelle said."So you can look up 'fun.' I'm not sure you know what it means.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes