adjective. ['ˈdɛvəˌsteɪtɪŋ'] making light of.
Words that Rhyme with Devastating
Example sentences of the word devastating
The loss of a pet can be as devastating as the loss of a human family member.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
The death of an officer can be devastating for a business.
Quotes containing the word devastating
1. When you touch the celestial in your heart, you will realize that the beauty of your soul is so pure, so vast and so devastating that you have no option but to merge with it. You have no option but to feel the rhythm of the universe in the rhythm of your heart.
- Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
2. We are all too often told by someone that we are too old, too young, too different, too much the same, and those comments can be devastating.
- Sharon Salzberg, The Force of Kindness: Change Your Life with Love & Compassion
adjective. ['ˈdɛvəˌsteɪtɪŋ'] wreaking or capable of wreaking complete destruction.
adjective. ['ˈdɛvəˌsteɪtɪŋ'] physically or spiritually devastating; often used in combination.