verb. ['dɪˈtɛkt'] discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of.
- find out
- catch out
- detectus (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Detect
Example sentences of the word detect
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
These both detect your heart rate and are electrocardiogram accurate, according to Polar.
2. Verb, base form
Carbon monoxide kills in much the same way but is impossible to detect without a detector.
Quotes containing the word detect
1. Concerning Concealment as a symptom of love for Krsna:"It has been stated, 'although Srimati Radharani developed a deep loving affection for Krsna, She hid Her attitude in the core of Her heart so that others could not detect Her actual condition.
- A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda, Nectar of Devotion
2. Reason is the power or capacity whereby we see or detect logical relationships among propositions.
- Alvin Plantinga, Warranted Christian Belief