verb. ['dɪˈzɝːv'] be worthy or deserving.
- have it coming
- deservir (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
- deservire (Latin)
Words that Rhyme with Deserve
Example sentences of the word deserve
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
I deserve hell for being a part of this."
2. Verb, base form
Here are a couple of options that we think deserve a closer look.
Quotes containing the word deserve
1. I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- Marilyn Monroe
2. We accept the love we think we deserve.
- Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
3. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.