noun. ['dɪˈprævəti'] moral perversion; impairment of virtue and moral principles.
Words that Rhyme with Depravity
Example sentences of the word depravity
1. Noun, singular or mass
Instead, they understood all sin to descend from an original depravity inherited from Adam and Eve.
Quotes containing the word depravity
1. Clearly the sight of a well-muscled forearm incited a woman to utter depravity. How else to explain the invention of cuffs?
- Tessa Dare, Goddess of the Hunt
2. Was this some new level of depravity? Had he developed a spinster fetish?
- Lisa Kleypas, Married By Morning
3. To me, religion is about our dignity, not our depravity.
- Yann Martel
noun. ['dɪˈprævəti'] a corrupt or depraved or degenerate act or practice.