noun. ['dɪˈfaɪnɪŋ'] any process serving to define the shape of something.
- physical process
- irreversible process
Rhymes with Defining
Sentences with defining
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
The defining characteristic of an arid climate is a lack of moisture.
Quotes about defining
1. I want to find that defining moment that you're satisfied and you've done what you want to do in your life.
- Tyson Gay
2. One of my defining beliefs is that Jesus Christ has taken all of my guilt before God, and that he has been raised from the dead. That gives incredible hope and meaning to every day of my life - that nothing done in this world is wasted when it's done for him and his glory, and that there will be a day of justice and reward for the entire world.
- Joshua Harris
3. When you establish a destination by defining what you want, then take physical action by making choices that move you towards that destination, the possibility for success is limitless and arrival at the destination is inevitable.
- Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free