adjective. ['dɪˈfɛndɪŋ'] attempting to or designed to prevent an opponent from winning or scoring.
Words that Rhyme with Defending
Example sentences of the word defending
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
If the territory they are defending happens to be under your house, this can cause some problems.
Quotes containing the word defending
1. The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
2. But you... You helped me find my way and take the correct path, Naruto... I always chased after you...wanting to catch up...wanting to walk together with you forever... I want to be at your side, always... You changed me, Naruto! Your smiling face saved me! And that's way I'm not afraid to die, defending you! Because... I love you...
- Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto, Vol. 47: The Seal Destroyed
3. When i tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
- William Blake