verb. ['ˈdiːm'] keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view.
- view as
- take for
- demen (Middle English (1100-1500))
- deman (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Deem
How do you pronounce deem?
Pronounce deem as dim.
US - How to pronounce deem in American English
UK - How to pronounce deem in British English
Sentences with deem
1. Verb, base form
Cut out the expenses that you no longer deem necessary, even if they do not exceed your income.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
On the other hand, a wardrobe can be moved around the room and placed wherever you deem fit.
Quotes about deem
1. Don't set your goals by what other people deem important.
- Jaachynma N.E. Agu, The Prince and the Pauper
2. Ah, happiness courts the light so we deem the world is gay. But misery hides aloof so we deem that misery there is none.
- Herman Melville, Bartleby the Scrivener
3. To feel more fulfilled your actions and activities need to be in alignment with what you deem important.
- Deborah Day