adverb. ['ˈdiːsəntli'] in the right manner.
- the right way
- in good order
Words that Rhyme with Decently
Example sentences of the word decently
Find a room or walk-in closet that is decently sized.
Quotes containing the word decently
1. Oh, it's always the same,' she sighed, 'if you want men to behave well to you, you must be beastly to them; if you treat them decently they make you suffer for it.
- W. Somerset Maugham, Of Human Bondage
2. Because you believed I was capable of behaving decently, I did.
- Paulo Coelho, The Devil and Miss Prym
3. I want to live the rest of my life, however long or short, with as much sweetness as I can decently manage, loving all the people I love, and doing as much as I can of the work I still have to do. I am going to write fire until it comes out of my ears, my eyes, my noseholes--everywhere. Until it's every breath I breathe. I'm going to go out like a fucking meteor!
- Audre Lorde