adjective. ['ˈdæmɪŋ'] threatening with damnation.
Words that Rhyme with Damning
Example sentences of the word damning
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Despite these quite damning statistics, there is still an average of 8.1 upsets per year in the tournament.
The most damning element, however, is legal.
Quotes containing the word damning
1. I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race - that rarely do I even simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant...I AM HAUNTED BY HUMANS.
- Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
2. Confession is good for the soul, they say. I'd imagine this is true. But my sins were too convoluted. And from the little I understand--too damning.
- Kate Karyus Quinn, Another Little Piece