noun. ['ˈdægɝ'] a short knife with a pointed blade used for piercing or stabbing.
Words that Rhyme with Dagger
Example sentences of the word dagger
1. Noun, singular or mass
Mandarin Blue Willow has no bridge and one person in the boat with a dagger border.
Quotes containing the word dagger
1. It just seems like overkill when you already have a dagger and I have superpowerful magic at my disposal.”“‘Superpowerful?’”He stood up, a gold chain dangling from his fingers. “Let me remind you of two words, Mercer: Bad. Dog.
- Rachel Hawkins, Demonglass
2. Geez, you guys. I know I'm popular and all, but seriously, you're a bit too co-dependent for me. I'm going to need you to step away from my personal bubble."A wispy vine-woman curled ivy tendrils around his arm, and he sliced through them with his dagger. "No! Bad Wraith! No touchie!
- Julie Kagawa, The Iron Knight
3. Both of the items were used in an attempted murder, but hers was a dagger, and mine was a baby’s rubber bottle nipple. That was the last time I took a stab at love.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
adjective. resembling a dagger.
adjective. conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods.
noun. ['ˈdægɝ'] a character used in printing to indicate a cross reference or footnote.
- graphic symbol