adjective. ['ˈkɝːld'] of hair having curls.
Words that Rhyme with Curled
Example sentences of the word curled
1. Verb, past participle
If you have more than one dog, you may see them curled up together.
Watch the scapes, which start out curled, as they grow.
3. Verb, past tense
If the tree's leaves are ovular and slightly curled then it is either a pistachio or chestnut tree.
Quotes containing the word curled
1. I visited Jobs for the last time in his Palo Alto, Calif., home. He had moved to a downstairs bedroom because he was too weak to go up and down stairs. He was curled up in some pain, but his mind was still sharp and his humor vibrant.
- Walter Isaacson
2. ...unrequited love does not die; it's only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded. For some unfortunates, it turns bitter and mean, and those who come after pay the price for the hurt done by the one who came before.
- Elle Newmark, The Book of Unholy Mischief
3. I couldn't stop staring at his mouth when he spoke. I bet he knew how to kiss. Perfect kisses too, ones that weren't wet and gross, but the kind that curled toes.I needed to stop looking at him in general.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian