noun. ['ˈkruːsəˌfɪks'] representation of the cross on which Jesus died.
Words that Rhyme with Crucifix
Example sentences of the word crucifix
1. Noun, singular or mass
Tie the wire into a knot right above the crucifix.
Quotes containing the word crucifix
1. The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.
- Richard Pryor
2. There is a crucifix, a few cloves of garlic, a wooden stake, a hammer, a blob of Silly Putty, and a pocketknife. “You do realize these people aren’t vampires, right?” I say when Sam walks back in. “Yeah, but you never know. They’re probably crazy, like you said.” “And even if we were hunting vampires, what the hell is the Silly Putty for?” He shrugs. “Just want to be prepared.
- Pittacus Lore, I Am Number Four
3. Don't tell anyone, but on the pagan day of the sun god Ra, I kneel at the foot of an ancient instrument of torture and consume ritualistic symbols of blood and flesh. ...And if any of you care to join me, come to the Harvard chapel on Sunday, kneel beneath the crucifix, and take Holy Communion.
- Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol
noun. ['ˈkruːsəˌfɪks'] a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings when the gymnast supports himself with both arms extended horizontally.