noun. ['ˈkaʊlɪŋ'] protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine.
- protective cover
- protective covering
- stay in place
- -ing (English)
- -ing (Middle English (1100-1500))
- -ling (English)
- -ling (Middle English (1100-1500))
- cow (English)
- cou (Middle English (1100-1500))
- cowl (English)
- coule (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Cowling
Example sentences of the word cowling
1. Noun, singular or mass
Place the cowling covering back on the power head and start your engine.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Once the bolts are loose, take the cowling out from under the engine and set it aside.