verb. ['ˈkaʊɝ'] crouch or curl up.
- stand still
Words that Rhyme with Cower
Example sentences of the word cower
1. Verb, base form
They hang out in the bottom of the cage and may cower in the corner.
2. Noun, singular or mass
He might yawn, tremble, cower, raise his neck hair, whine or pant.
3. Adjective, comparative
If provoked, a pit bull will most probably stick up for himself rather than run away or cower.
4. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Do other dogs cower in fear when yours approaches?
Quotes containing the word cower
1. I’ll stand by you. And by stand I mean cower in your shadow. It’s probably cold there, so I’m going to knit myself a warm cat sweater to wear.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. But often life asks much of you, and you either honor life by answering with all your heart, or you cower your way into your grave.
- James Clemens, Hinterland
verb. ['ˈkaʊɝ'] show submission or fear.
- stay in place