adjective. ['kɝˈeɪdʒəs'] possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching.
- corageus (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
- -eus (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
Words that Rhyme with Courageous
Example sentences of the word courageous
Gingka acts similarly to Tyson and is the outgoing, courageous leader of a team of bladers.
Quotes containing the word courageous
1. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- Muhammad Ali
2. Love bravely, live bravely, be courageous, there's really nothing to lose. There's no wrong you can't make right again, so be kinder to yourself, you know, have fun, take chances. There's no bounds.
3. Hope, like faith, is nothing if it is not courageous; it is nothing if it is not ridiculous.
- Thornton Wilder