Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkuːlɪŋ'] the process of becoming cooler; a falling temperature.
- temperature change
- temperature reduction
- heat dissipation
Rhymes with Cooling
Sentences with cooling
It has a bitter taste and a cooling nature.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Set the steel on top of another metal surface to slow the cooling process.
3. Verb, gerund or present participle
Remove the plate from the microwave and place the orange peels on a wire cooling rack.
Quotes about cooling
1. Life has evolved to thrive in environments that are extreme only by our limited human standards: in the boiling battery acid of Yellowstone hot springs, in the cracks of permanent ice sheets, in the cooling waters of nuclear reactors, miles beneath the Earth's crust, in pure salt crystals, and inside the rocks of the dry valleys of Antarctica.
- Jill Tarter
2. Truth.It feels cool, like water washing over my sticky-hot body. Cooling a heat that's been burning me up all my life.Truth, I say inside my head again, just for that feeling.
- Kathryn Stockett, The Help
3. At times anger will trigger harsh words. After a cooling period wisdom sets in; finally, the ability to speak from the heart with love and compassion.
- Ana Monnar, Relax: New And Selected Poems: New And Selected Poems
noun. ['ˈkuːlɪŋ'] a mechanism for keeping something cool.
- cooling system
- air conditioner
- coolant system
- water pump
- cooling tower
- air conditioning
- evaporative cooler
- refrigeration system
- bring to