adjective. ['ˌkɑːntrəˈvɝːʃəl'] marked by or capable of arousing controversy.
Words that Rhyme with Controversial
How do you spell controversial? Is it controvertial ?
A common misspelling of controversial is controvertial
Example sentences of the word controversial
Introduce a controversial topic in the first paragraph and explain the topic and how you feel about it.
Quotes containing the word controversial
1. If you have to say or do something controversial, aim so that people will hate that they love it and not love that they hate it.
- Criss Jami, Killosophy
2. Books whose topics I thoroughy depsise are accapteble because they often force the reader to think and to examine his own beliefs. In an age where most people are either blindly obedient or radical, exposing oneself to the ideas contained in even the most controversial of books is a good thing.
- Tiffini Johnson, The Character
3. It is easy to understand that in the dreary middle ages the Aristotelian logic would be very acceptable to the controversial spirit of the schoolmen, which, in the absence of all real knowledge, spent its energy upon mere formulas and words, and that it would be eagerly adopted even in its mutilated Arabian form, and presently established as the centre of all knowledge.
- Arthur Schopenhauer, The World as Will and Representation, Vol 1